The Breath is one key to being mindful.
a key to interrupting the stress response
- Slow down and breathe deeply for 3 minutes.
- Square breathing can help you pay attention to your breath and slow the stress response.
Do Square Breathing: Breathe in for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, breathe out for a count of 4, and hold for a count of 4.
- Do a breathing practice as often as possible during the day.
- Explore other breathing practices.
Breathing slowly changes and interrupts the stress response which produces chemical changes in your body. Those stress hormones tighten your muscles and close down your digestion. Your breathing becomes rapid and shallow getting you ready to fight or flee.
With stress, your body floods with stress hormones.
- Do something physical. Walking or playing a sport is ideal. They release the stress.
- Do the breathing exercise.
- Imagine a peaceful scene.
- More meditation exercises with Meditation Workshop
- Mindfullness Exercises
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your
one wild and precious life?
Contact by phone: 425.827.7880, Kirkland WA or contact
Go to top